Recently, I had the pleasure of listening to Deputy Howard Enderson with the Escambia County Sheriff's Office Crime Prevention Unit give a talk to the Pensacola Association of Realtors on safety.
A lot of the advice he gave us is applicable to safety for all at your home and business and I wanted to pass along my favorite tips from the crime prevention unit.
- Have a free security assessment of your property and home for specific recommendations on how to make your home safer.
- Survey your property and look for places that people can hide. Eliminate those places!
- Use the 2/6 rule- shrubs should be no higher than 2 feet and tree limbs should be no lower than 6 feet.
- Do not let shrubbery grow above or over your windows.
- Never hide a key at your property.
- Always lock your vehicle and do not leave garage door openers in your vehicle overnight.
- Did you know that you can have a background check done for a small fee at the Sheriff's Office in one day? Before hiring someone to come pet sit, clean your house, or babysit your children, use this service and order a background check.
- Don't open the door for solicitors. Additionally, you can call the Sheriff's Office to report door to door solicitors.
- Make sure everything is password protected.
- Choose flight over fight but protect yourself if necessary.
- Always be alert and listen to your instincts!
Did you know that the Escambia County Sheriff's Office offers free security assessments of your home, business, or church? They will come in the residence and offer tips to increase security at your property. To request a security assessment of your property, do so at this website: http://www.escambiaso.com/security-surveys/residential-security-survey/
For additional security tips from the Escambia County Sheriff's office, visit this page: http://www.escambiaso.com/home-safety/
Nicole St. Aubin
The Realty Masters of FL Team
#1 in Pensacola Property Management and Leasing!
Rental Office 4400 Bayou Blvd. #58B, Pensacola, FL 32503 (850) 473-3983 www.PensacolaRealtyMasters.com
Sales Office 4400 Bayou Blvd. #52B, Pensacola, FL 32503 (850) 453-9220 www.RealtyMastersofFlorida.com
- Lawn care
- Fall Events
- School Grades
- Bulk Item Pick Up
- Housing Scams
- Steps for First Time Home Buyers
- 20 Year Anniversary
- Real Estate Investments
- House Hunting Tips
- Real Estate Market
- Seminars and Personal Assistant
- Rent or Sell
- Pensacola area Zip Codes
- Build Credit
- New Construction in Pensacola
- Energy Tips
- How to Find HOA Rules
- Preparing for Freeze
- Holiday Safety Guide
- Maintenance Do's and Dont's
- Home Warranties
- Credit Score
- Unapproved Dog List
- Maintenance Tips
- Pensacola Rental Inventory
- Home Buying
- Pensacola Rental Homes
- Beulah Middle School Construction
- Safety Tips
- Things to Do
- Realty Masters Team
- Item Donations
- Pensacola Rental homes
- Bed Bugs
- Moving out
- Community Involvement
- Managing Rental Properties
- rental market
- 6 Tips for A Luscious Pensacola Lawn
- Multi-Family Properties for Sale in Pensacola, Florida
- October & Halloween Events in Pensacola, Florida including Corn Mazes & Haunted Houses
- Increase in Pensacola area Bear Sightings
- Safety Tips & Crime Prevention from the Escambia County Sheriff's Office
- Julie Benson
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Jay Schwartz
- Chuntell Patterson
- Pam Brantley
- Carlin Symmes
- Realty Masters of FL
- David Keen